Saturday, February 27, 2010

Engagement...

So, like i've said earlier in my posts me and my girlfriend have been together for almost 7 years now. She is my high school sweetheart..that sounds so corny and i feel it's time to settle down but is it normal that i feel scared? I mean i guess it is because it is such a huge step in your life, but i feel like alot of marriages fail when you do it young. Although, my parents have been together 25 years (they were also high school sweethearts) and are still together. But from what i read a huge percentage of young people get married and their marriage fails within 3-5 years. It's just a scary thought. Maybe we shouldn't get married, until the time is right. I'm so confused. :(

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is, Ask her to marry you when you know you're not confused! The last thing you want to do is make a commitment on second guessing and confusion. If you truly love her, and I'm assuming you do because a 7 year relationship doesn't last that long because you hate eachother, then maybe you both should sit down and have a conversation on marriage. 7 yrs can go by very fast when you're comfortable also. I'm no relationship expert, but I have been with my fiance going on 5 yrs and I know what it is to REALLY question a relationship. After I questioned and we talked we knew we were ready to at least make that commitment and after 5 yrs, we now have a beautiful son and future plans on a wedding. Just think it through and REALLY talk about it before making a decision on whether you don't want to do it or do....

    ReplyDelete